MBA/MHA – Health Administration – The George Washington University (1973)
BS/B.Ph. – Pharmacy – Rutgers University (1967)
Has over 25 years of diverse experience in the health care industry including hospital administration, hospital planning and consulting services. Has extensive expertise in the development of services and markets for multi-hospital systems, hospitals, physicians and physician groups and other health care organizations, as well as health insurance billing and other issues. Consulting experience includes:
– Establishing linkages between hospital and physician programs, physician practice evaluations and physician practice management services;
– Establishing physician practices and group practices including physician contracts and negotiations;
– Negotiating health benefits on behalf of employers;
– Ambulatory services planning for hospitals and physicians;
– Product line planning development and implementation for ambulatory surgical centers, arthritis-rheumatology centers and cancer centers;
– Establishing joint ventures between hospitals and physicians and between community and tertiary hospitals.
– Provision of expert testimony on matters related to healthcare regulatory, finance, hospital policies and procedures, enterprise value, physician credentialing matters and anti-trust issues.
– Litigation support services
Previously, served as Vice President for another consulting firm. With that firm he worked throughout the United States on various engagements with particular focus on physician-practice operations and physician hospital linkages and ambulatory care and tertiary product lines.
Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and a member of various professional organizations including the American Hospital Association, the Hospital Association of Pennsylvania and the American Pharmaceutical Association.